Speed Dating Event
This year's Speed Dating event will be held on Wednesday 14 September 2016 at the Otago Polytechnic.
The Speed Dating event is a simple way for businesses to meet potential interns face-to-face to see if their skills match your business needs. At the event, you will meet a variety of tertiary students and have a seven-minute conversation with them. You can arrange to meet a potential intern for another discussion sometime after the Speed Dating event or you can offer them an internship on the spot!
There’s no guarantee you will find the intern you want at the event, however we do our best to ensure the right talent is there.
Wednesday 14 September 2016
Otago Polytechnic, H Block, corner of Union and Forth Street http://www.op.ac.nz/students/campuses/dunedin/map/
4.00 pm onwards - Set Up Time
Businesses set up their tables and banners.
We don’t allocate you a space. There are chairs, tables, couches and pods for you to use. First come, first served! Try to be there by 5.30 pm if possible.
5.30 pm - Students Arrive
Students arrive and are welcomed by staff from the Otago Polytechnic and the University of Otago
6.00 pm - Interview Start Time
Seven-minute interviews with students begin
7.00 pm - Refreshment Break
Interviews cease for 20 minutes
8.30 pm - Event Concludes
Businesses are welcome to stay for a drink and debrief after the event
What to bring
- Relevant staff
- Business cards
- Banner advertising your business
- Something to take notes on
What to expect
- You will have 7 minutes with each student. A buzzer will sound every 7 minutes and you should encourage the student to move to their next appointment. It is important to make sure that people have an opportunity to speak to each other so please move students on when you hear the buzzer
- The media may be at the event and may ask people for a comment.
- A photographer will be taking photos of the event. If they approach you, they will ask you to sign a talent release form to enable any photos taken to be used for promotional purposes. If you do not want your photo taken, please let them know if/when they approach you.
For questions about the event please email:
Rob Broadley [email protected]