Speed Dating Event
This year's Speed Dating event will be held on Wednesday 20 September 2017 at the Otago Polytechnic.
The Speed Dating event is a simple way for businesses to meet potential interns face-to-face. At the event, you will meet a variety of tertiary students and have a four-minute interview with them. You can arrange to meet a potential intern for another discussion sometime after the Speed Dating event or you can offer them an internship on the spot.
There’s no guarantee you will find the intern you want at the event, however we do our best to ensure the right talent is there.
Wednesday 20 September 2017
Otago Polytechnic, H Block, corner of Union and Forth Street http://www.op.ac.nz/students/campuses/dunedin/map/
• 4.30pm – 5.00pm
Businesses arrive to setup
Businesses set up their tables and banners.
We don’t allocate you a space. There are chairs, tables, couches and pods for you to use. First come, first served!
• 5.00pm – 5.30pm
Space open to students
Students arrive and are welcomed by staff from the Otago Polytechnic and the University of Otago
• 5.30pm – 6.00pm
1-minute introduction by businesses
• 6.00pm – 7.00pm
4-minute interviews with 1-minute transition
• 7.00pm – 7.15pm
Break for food
• 7.20pm – 8.00pm
• 8.00pm – 9.00pm
Business-only debrief and networking
What to bring
- Staff who understand the needs of your business
- Banner or sign advertising your business
- Something to take notes on
What to expect
- A buzzer will sound at the start of interviews at 6pm
- You will have four minutes with each student from 6pm
- A buzzer will sound at the end of each interview. Students have one minute to get to and commence their next interview. You should encourage the student to move quickly to their next interview.
- The media may be at the event and may ask people for a comment.
For questions about the event please email:
Rob Broadley [email protected]